Sports Massage is used by athletes to optimize their training and event performance. It involves techniques to stretch, mobilize, revive and maintain the structures of the body placed under the intense demands of athletics. Most professional athletes receive sports massage as an essential component of their training as it has been shown to:
- Decrease recovery time from workouts by assisting the elimination of metabolic waste.
- Decrease the chances of injuries by stretching muscles and mobilizing joints.
- Decrease post workout soreness.
- Increase flexibility and mobility of joints.
- Help athletes with specific areas of difficulty in their bodies.